Goal: To recognize the scientific contributions of outstanding young investigators in the field of Endocrinology. This is a non-monetary Excellence Award for junior faculty or trainees who recently presented abstracts at the 2021 Endocrine Society meeting.
Application Opens: April 12, 2021
Application Closes: April 30, 2021
- Candidate Eligibility:
- New faculty within the first three years of appointment
- Postdoctoral trainees
- Graduate students
- Fellowship trainees
- Medical interns or residents
- Medical students or other medical specialty students
- Candidate must be a presenting (first) author on an abstract accepted for presentation at the Endocrine Society Meeting 2021.
- Student/trainee (non-faculty) applicants must have a sponsoring Mentor.
- Each Sponsor/Mentor may nominate only one candidate per year.
- Candidate must be a current member of WE or have a Mentor who is a current member of WE.
- Prior WE Junior Investigator Awardees are welcome to apply if they otherwise meet eligibility criteria.
- Awards are given to both women and men.
- Applicants from all
over the word are welcome to apply!
How to apply:
The following material is required as a single PDF file, in the following order:
- Completed application form – Young Investigator Award Face Page
- A biosketch or CV that includes publications
- Copy of the abstract presented at the 2021 Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society
- A brief description (250 words or less) outlining the merits of the application including the importance of the work to the field of Endocrinology and strength of the applicant as a young investigator.
- Trainee applicants should include a sentence of Sponsor / Mentor in support of the application.
PDFs should be named as follows “[your last name], [your first name], YIA 2021”. Please do not send the application in a password protected email. Applications that are not in the correct format will not be accepted.
E–mail the single PDF of the completed application form and supporting documentation by April 30, 2021 (5pm EST) to the general Women in Endocrinology email: WIE@wildapricot.org
Click here to return to the main Awards page.