Goal: To recognize the scientific contributions of outstanding young investigators in the field of Endocrinology.
A number of awards will be given to recognize outstanding abstracts to be presented during ENDO 2023. The top 2 awardees will receive either the Janet W. McArthur Award Excellence in Clinical Research for the most outstanding applicant in clinical research or the Neena Schwartz Award Excellence in Basic Science for the most outstanding applicant in Basic Science.
Application Opens: March 20, 2023
Application Closes: May 15, 2023
Recipients will be notified of their Award by Friday June 9, 2023
- Candidate Eligibility:
- New faculty within the first three years of appointment
- Postdoctoral trainees
- Graduate students
- Fellowship trainees
- Medical interns or residents
- Medical students or other medical specialty students
- Candidate must be a presenting (first) author on an abstract accepted for presentation at the 2022 Endocrine Society Meeting.
- Student/trainee (non-faculty) applicants must have a sponsoring Mentor.
- Each Sponsor/Mentor may nominate only one candidate per year.
- Candidate must be a current member of WE or have a Mentor who is a current member of WE.
- Prior WE Junior Investigator Awardees are welcome to apply if they otherwise meet eligibility criteria.
- Awards are given to individuals of any gender(s).
- Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply!
How to apply:
The following material is required as a single PDF file, in the following order:
- Completed application form – Young Investigator Award Face Page
- A biosketch or CV that includes publications
- Copy of the abstract presented at the 2023 Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society
- A brief description (250 words or less) outlining the merits of the application including the importance of the work to the field of Endocrinology and strength of the applicant as a young investigator.
- Trainee applicants should include a sentence of Sponsor / Mentor in support of the application.
PDFs should be named as follows “[your last name], [your first name], YIA 2023”. Please do not send the application in a password protected email. Applications that are not in the correct format will not be accepted.
E–mail the single PDF of the completed application form and supporting documentation by May 15, 2023 (5pm EST) to the general Women in Endocrinology email: WIE@wildapricot.org
Click here to return to the main Awards page.